La Chamba Small Bowl
We love the organic handcrafted shape of La Chamba, the beauty of the soft black colour and also the natural properties of the unglazed clay.
- Diameter 12cm, Height 6cm
- Please note La Chamba is a natural, handmade product and sizes may vary.
- Wooden utensils are recommended. Use a mild detergent and sponge.
- La Chamba is well known throughout South America where the indigenous people have used it for food preperation, cooking and eating for centuries. In fact the origins of this cookware can be traced back over 700 years to vases and pitchers found in archaeological sites.
- La Chamba is still made in its original and traditional manner. Each piece is moulded by hand,. The body of each item is made from coarse, dark grey clay and a finer terracotta clay is then applied in a thin layer over the entire surface as a glaze. After drying, the surface is polished with semi-precious stones, such as Tiger's Eye. It is the time spent polishing that gives each item its natural patina and distinctive satin finish.
OUT OF STOCK